Singapore hotel jobs
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
· This position is to monitor hotels’ performances and support Overseas Operations Center initiatives in enhancing performance in hotels. In addition, it supports the Development function as it prepares feasibility studies/investment analysis and other related work.
· The role will provide opportunities to be exposed to the business of running hotels in the current competitive and changing environment. It will enable the person to develop an insight into the “drivers” that make a hotel successful and offer exposure to senior management of the organization both at the corporate and property levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
· Analyse monthly and yearly performance indicators and results of each business unit/Hotel against Budget, prior years’ performance or other industry and market benchmarks, and submit a report of such analysis to the Management Team regularly.
· Engage Hotel and business units to review and evaluate performance indicators and results and facilitate the formulation of action plans and strategies to improve business performance.
· Plan, develop and direct overall research methodology and structure for special projects.
· Review and evaluate the feasibility and ‘return-on-investment’ studies, and make recommendations to Hotel and Management Team on the viability, risks, and potential of these business cases.
· Conduct, collate, maintain and disseminate findings from the environmental scan on the operating conditions of the Hotels and business units such as the following but not limited to, national visitor arrival statistics, industry profit, or productivity benchmarks which would assist the Hotel and business units with the evaluation of their performance.
· Oversee and facilitate Hotel-level Analysts with the evaluation of business performance, formulation of various strategy road-maps and action plans, and other special projects.
· Conduct regular internal process audits at Hotels and assists with improvement action plan development.
· Review and evaluate Hotel Operating Budgets and Business plans and make recommendations to the Hotel and Management team on the viability, risks, and potential of these business cases.
· Participate in various other projects requiring analytical support or business acumen to support and assist with decision making by various stakeholders from time to time as directed by the OOC GM
· Develop and maintain a high level of communication with all related departments and business units on the strategy implementation on Hotel/business unit level, and local/regional operating environment.
· Assist in feasibility studies and investment analysis of new projects/business opportunities.
2. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Required Skills –
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with Hotel GM and S&M, Revenue and hotel development team
· Demonstrated knowledge of effective hotel pricing concepts, yield management optimization and selling strategies, and the ability to determine which concepts to apply in given market conditions.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
· Problem solving, analytical, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· Good writing skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration or Business Administration
· Professional Finance and Revenue management certification holder
· Valid permanent resident status/citizenship in Singapore
· 1 years of relevant experience in finance or revenue management function, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. Previous Revenue Management or Pricing experience is preferred.
Number of employees supervised –
Annual Operating Profit/Payroll Budget –
· Department Budget
Key Metrics –
· Departments Budget
· Hotel Revenue
Decision Making Responsibilities (Decision Rights) –
· Revenue Strategies
4. KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Key Internal Relationships –
· OOC colleagues and all overseas hotel GMs, DoS&Ms, Revenue Director/Manager, Business Developer
Key External Relationships –
· Interacts with guests and individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, current and potential clients, owning company representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community.